Approximately 35 hours per week, (7 hours per workday, and 5 workdays per week); weekends and holidays required. Various 7 hour shifts available during each water park operation day. Overtime possible.
Job Description Overview
The lifeguard is responsible for providing a warm and friendly welcome, and ensuring our Guests have a safe and welcoming experience in the pool area. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Guest service and ensure that Guests feel at home. In this highly visible role, you will, like all employees, speak English exclusively with Guests and coworkers while on duty. High school diploma, GED, or equivalent certificate of competency required.
- Observe patrons and enforce the safety rules and regulations of the pool; administer first aid and/or C.P.R. as needed; perform water rescue functions.
- Function as a crew member within an emergency plan for the handling of accidents in pool areas.
- Know policies, rules and regulation governing the use of pool facilities.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining a variety of accident reports and the ability to read, write, understand & communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Verify your work for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining the pool deck, break room, bathrooms, and drains.
- Assurance to applicable employment standards and rules as outlined in employment manual and adherence to safe work practices and procedures are required.
No experience is necessary; employer will train to Ellis Life Guard standards. Swimming ability is required; employees are required to pass a swim test. Successful completion of Ellis Life Guard certification is required.