Winter Vacation Activities in North Conway, NH
Winter is here and there is so much to do in North Conway, NH!
Known for its beautiful surrounding mountains, North Conway is also a village that combines outdoor fun with well-known outlet shopping, providing a great getaway for families. Whether you're making a trip to North Conway for the first time or you're returning for another visit, you'll want to check out these 7 winter activities:
- Ice Skating in Schouler Park: Bring your own skates for free ice skating on an outdoor rink in the middle of town (skate rentals are also available for a nominal fee). Conwayrec.com.
- Cranmore Mountain: A great location for winter sports enthusiasts of all levels of expertise, Cranmore has a number of skiing and snowboarding trails. Cranmore.com.
- Outlet Shopping at Settlers' Green: “Shop ‘til you drop” at this mecca of brand name outlets featuring such stores as Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Carter's, Chico's, J. Crew, Nike, Talbot's, Tommy Hilfiger, Toys R Us and Under Armour. New stores this year include Sketchers, Polo Ralph Lauren and Think Kitchen. Gather all those holiday gift cards and head inside a shop or two for some tax-free outlet shopping! Settlersgreen.com.
- Mount Washington Observatory Weather Discovery Center: This free, interactive science museum in the center of town highlights the climate and weather with fun exhibits including an air cannon, flow tank and wind room. Visitors also have the opportunity to interact via video link with workers at the summit weather station twice each day. MountWashington.org.
- Tubing at Cranmore Mountain: Rated as the #1 tubing park in New Hampshire, Cranmore's 10 tubing lanes with 700-foot runs feature prime glimpses of Mt. Washington and the Moats. Tubing is a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy together as no special skills, lessons or equipment are needed. Tubes are provided as part of the admission price. Cranmore.com.
- Mountain Coaster at Cranmore Mountain: Imagine an outdoor roller-coaster through the snowy scenery. Follow the twists and turns along thousands of feet of track, while you control your own speed from a leisurely pace up to a speedy 25 mph. Anyone over 3 years old and 38” tall is welcome to ride with an adult and 9 year olds who are at least 54” tall can ride on their own. Whee! Cranmore.com.
- Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park: With a constant temperature of 84 degrees, this 40,000 square foot indoor water park will warm you up and provide hours of fun with a giant wave pool, four high-speed slides, water basketball, a 25-person hot tub and an area designed specifically for toddlers and small children. Kahuna Laguna access is available with resort packages for Red Jacket Mountain View Resort guests. KahunaLaguna.com. To make your trip to North Conway perfect, stay with us at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort! Located on 25 acres in the heart of the White Mountains, Red Jacket Mountain View Resort's stunning views, central location, exceptional service and full array of amenities have families returning year after year. Guests of our pet-friendly full-service resort have many options for accommodations from deluxe rooms to family lofts or spacious 2-bedroom townhouses and 4-bedroom Presidential homes. For reservations at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort call 1-800-RJACKET or visit RedJacketResorts.com. For additional information on North Conway, NH, visit MtWashingtonValley.org.