Island Day Trip
Board one of the island ferries for a day trip to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.
Stroll the cobblestone streets and browse the quaint shops, enjoy a home-brewed beer at Cisco Brewers, descend the stairs to beautiful Steps Beach, and walk along the boardwalk to visit Brant Point on Nantucket. Or, climb to the top of Gay Head Light and enjoy the striking views of the colorful Aquinnah Cliffs, jump off the iconic Jaws bridge, try to grab the golden ring at the antique Flying Horses Carousel, and shop along the main streets of Edgartown on Martha's Vineyard. Both islands offer fabulous shopping, gorgeous beaches, delicious restaurants, and iconic island charm.
Service is just minutes away from our Red Jacket Resorts.
- Less than 3 miles from Green Harbor
- Less than 6 miles from Red Jacket Beach, Blue Water and Riviera
- Less than 9 miles from Blue Rock
The Steamship Authority offers daily trips from Hyannis to Nantucket via their high-speed ferry or traditional ferry where you can also bring your vehicle.
Hy-Line Cruises offers traditional and high-speed service to both Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as well and an inter-island ferry for those who'd like to visit both.
Some of our island favorites
- Gay Head Lighthouse
- Flying Horses Carousel
- Methodist Campgrounds & Grand Illumination (August) - aka the gingerbread houses
- Shopping on Circuit Ave, Oak Bluffs
- Jimmy Seas Pan Pasta, Oak Bluffs
- Jump the Jaws Bridge
- Explore Edgartown
- Stroll the cobblestone streets
- Gardiner's Corner City Sign, Main Street
- Daffodil Festival (April)
- Nantucket Film Festival (June)
- Cisco Brewers
- Steps Beach
- Brant Point Light