Yarmouth Summer Celebration 2016: It’s back and better than ever!
The 6th annual Yarmouth Summer Celebration returns to Cape Cod on Friday June 24th with the spectacular Friday Night Fireworks over Nantucket Sound, and visitors to Blue Water and Riviera Beach Resort will have a front row seat to the display! You’ll be able to see them from Red Jacket Beach Resort, and all along the beaches of South Shore Drive. Join us as we kick off Summer 2016 with a full week of fun, family friendly events designed for locals and visitors to celebrate the very best of Yarmouth and summer on Cape Cod!
Book Your Stay
Red Jacket Resorts is offering a Yarmouth Summer Celebration Package our three South Yarmouth beach resorts! The package includes complimentary breakfast daily and is valid from 6/24/16 – 6/30/16. Offer code: KICKOFF
All of your favorite events will be back, like the Ice Cream Social and the Summer Beach BBQ, and new events have been added. Most of the events take place at Bass River Beach (aka Smuggler’s Beach) which is just next door to Riviera and Blue Water.
As in past years the Yarmouth Summer Celebration Sand Sculptures will be built during the week of the event, so you can visit the sites all around town and watch the sand sculpture artists as they create these amazing pieces of artwork! Red Jacket Resorts will sponsor two sculptures, one at Blue Water Resort and the other at Blue Rock Golf Course. We also sponsor a larger sculpture at the Y-D Red Sox Field, so if you’re lucky enough to see one of the Cape Cod Baseball League games taking place during the event, be sure to stop by and see this year’s creation!
There is certainly no shortage of things to do during this amazing first week of summer on Cape Cod, so here’s a short list of some of our favorite events included in Yarmouth Summer Celebration 2016…
- Friday June 24th – Friday Night Fireworks at the beach (viewable from Blue Water, Riviera and Red Jacket Beach Resort)
- Saturday June 25th – Nature Walk with Connie Boyce at Gray’s Beach (one of several during the week)
- Saturday June 25th – Sandy Feet Fun Run & Beach Walk at Bass River Beach
- Saturday June 25th – Summer Celebration Beach BBQ at Bass River Beach
- Sunday June 26th – Synchronized Kite Expo at Bass River Beach (viewable from Riviera Beach Resort)
- Monday June 27th – Kite Fun at Bass River Beach with Archie Stewart & Friends
- Tuesday June 28th – Cartoons on the Big Screen at Bass River Beach
- Tuesday June 28th – Ice Cream Social at Bass River Beach
- Wednesday June 29th – Plein Air Paint Class at Packet’s Landing
- Wednesday June 29th – Fishing Expo & Derby at Bass River Beach
- Thursday June 30th – Bass River Farmer’s Market Cooking Demonstration at the Cultural Center
- Thursday June 30th – Beer & Wine Tasting / Dance Party at Bass River Beach
- Friday July 1st – Amateur Sand Sculpting Contest & Awards for Amateurs & Pros at Bass River Beach
- Saturday July 2nd – Blessing of the Boats at Bass River Beach
See the full event schedule at the link below! *Please not events are subject to change