Sales and Events Coordinator
Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway, NH, is looking for a full time year round Sales and Events Coordinator.
You will be responsible for coordinating and servicing groups in conjunction with the Director of Sales. Duties include management of group room blocks, rooming lists, client notification of key dates such as cut-off or payment schedule deadlines, group resumes, event orders and BEOs, billing details, and other integral administrative aspects of the booking or execution of groups and events. Sales and service of small groups (up to a maximum total of 25 room nights), day events, and weddings.
- In addition to working directly with the Director of Sales, you will work closely with the banquet staff, the front office, conference set-up, activities, and accounting and act as a liaison between the sales department and all departments mentioned communicating both in written form by creating and distributing BEO’s, group resumes, and reconciliation of all group accounts and billing while also attending regular weekly BEO and stand up meetings to ensure clear lines of communication are established.
- Act as support for all departments and contact for groups upon arrival, while on property, and upon check-out, to ensure all written and oral communication standards outlined for groups are being executed by all departments, ensuring group confidence and satisfaction.
- Respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to all internal and external customers.
- Be proficient in all resort sales systems (i.e., Maestro, Act, etc.)
- Work diligently to complete assigned tasks and responsibilities. Including but not limited to creating proposals and contracts for your market, assisting with or the management of room blocks, rooming lists, client notification of key dates such as cut-off or payment schedule deadlines, group resumes, event orders and BEO's, billing details, and other integral administrative aspects of the booking or execution of groups and events).
- Be knowledgeable of hotel's food and beverage products, pricing, presentation, function space, audio visual, and any other details related to group and event success.
- Ensure familiarity with company policy and procedure and explain accurately to group contacts including advance deposit and cancellation.
- Complete Maestro (property management system - PMS) training
- Be knowledgeable of resort(s) features, services, hours of operation, room types and layouts, rates, packages and promotions & specials.
- Ensures all group rate plans are accurately entered into PMS system.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity, safe environment and employee morale.
- Performs any other job-related duty assigned by Director of Sales.
May be required to sit for long periods of time while working on all functions of a computer. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task.
Uniform and Dress
- Flexible schedule required to include working weekends and nights
- High school graduate
- Previous experience with hotel reservations, travel industry or sales related job
- Proficient with computers, internet, email, Microsoft Office
- Ability to clearly communicate in English and compute basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm under pressure, focus attention on details, be well organized and follow up