Approximately 40 hours weekly. Seasonal Position vary with start dates beginning mid-April through mid-June and ending dates vary from Labor Day to October 30.
Job Description Overview
The Housekeeping Room Inspector is focused in ensuring that all Guest rooms and public areas are clean in accordance to hotel standards.
The Housekeeping Room Inspector, like all employees, speaks English exclusively with Guests and coworkers while on duty.
- Employee must be in uniform daily (with belt), including name tag properly displayed, and properly groomed per hotel standards.
- At no time are cellular phones allowed to be used during any employee’s work shift. Any employee found using a cellular phone will have the phone immediately confiscated by their supervisor or manager; it may be picked up in the front office at the end of the employee’s shift. The second infraction will result in immediate dismissal.
- Maintain and exceed high standards on quality inspection forms.
- Maintain par levels in housekeeping closets
- Oversees the Housemen staff
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work in proper uniform neat and pressed; document any late or absent employees.
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Assign designated Guest room keys and radios to assigned staff. Maintain accurate record of such and ensure security of keys.
- Check room attendant carts for proper chemical usage, supplies, cleanliness and mechanical problems and instruct staff to correct deficiencies.
- Inspect rooms cleaned by room attendants using designated checklist. Ensure that the rooms are cleaned to the hotels specifications. Directly contact room attendant any relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify status and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Check DND rooms in accordance with hotel procedures to verify status.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, pool areas, offices and service areas after being cleaned and ensure that cleanliness and condition is maintained according to designated standards. Have respective personnel correct any deficiencies
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to engineering. Contact engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Accommodate Guest requests for housekeeping items expediently and courteously. Follow up on delivery and return of all such items.
- Conduct training of all staff as assigned.
- Provide feedback on staff performance to manager. Report disciplinary problems to manager and participate in the counseling of employees.
- Respond to all calls by radio promptly.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
- Understands and practices the “15-10-5” rule – when encountering a Guest, at 15 feet, makes eye contact; at 10 feet smiles and at 5 feet says “good morning/afternoon/evening”. Enquires about Guest satisfaction whenever possible and thanks the Guest for staying with us.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and or push up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Uniform top and slacks provided, employee must furnish black non-logoed shoes which provide adequate foot protection and are slip-resistant. Shorts or “yoga pants” are not permitted at any time.
Inside Guest rooms and public areas. Staff may be exposed to direct sunlight or inclement weather.