Approximately 40 hours weekly. Seasonal Position vary with start dates beginning mid-April through mid-June and ending dates vary from Labor Day to October 30.
Job Description Overview
The Line Cook is responsible for providing our Guests with outstanding food quality, appearance and consistency.
Line Cooks, like all employees, speak English exclusively with Guests and coworkers while on duty.
- Employee must be in uniform daily (with belt), including name tag properly displayed, and properly groomed per hotel standards.
- At no time are cellular phones allowed to be used during any employee’s work shift. Any employee found using a cellular phone will have the phone immediately confiscated by their supervisor or manager; it may be picked up in the front office at the end of the employee’s shift. The second infraction will result in immediate dismissal.
- Arrive on time, look neat and presentable and in uniform.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation.
- Prepare, produce and present all food to Blue Water/Riviera Beach specifications.
- Communicate with the front of house staff on ticket times and any potential problems.
- Assist the Sous Chef with the day-to-day operations when the Executive Chef is not on the property.
- Always be positive and helpful.
- Understands and practices the “15-10-5” rule – when encountering a Guest, at 15 feet, makes eye contact; at 10 feet smiles and at 5 feet says “good morning/afternoon/evening”. Enquires about Guest satisfaction whenever possible and thanks the Guest for staying with us.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and or push up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Uniform top and slacks provided, employee must furnish black non-logoed shoes which provide adequate foot protection and are slip-resistant.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.