Front Desk Agent
Approximately 40 hours weekly. Seasonal Position vary with start dates beginning mid-April through mid-June and ending dates vary from Labor Day to October 30.
Job Description Overview
The Front Desk Agent is focused on providing efficient service and creating memorable experiences by making connections with all of our Guests. In this position, you will have a direct impact on the overall experience of our hotel Guests and be responsible for ensuring 100% satisfaction from the moment Guests arrive at the hotel until they check out.
The Front Desk Agent, like all employees, speaks English exclusively with Guests and coworkers while on duty.
- Employee must be in uniform daily (with belt), including name tag properly displayed, and properly groomed per hotel standards.
- At no time are cellular phones allowed to be used during any employee’s work shift. Any employee found using a cellular phone will have the phone immediately confiscated by their supervisor or manager; it may be picked up in the front office at the end of the employee’s shift. The second infraction will result in immediate dismissal.
- Responsible for welcoming Guests and accurately verifying all information during the check-in proves and following up during checkout including the accuracy and accountability of payment verification, process of deposits/payments and knowledge of the local area.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- all hotel features, services and hours of operation
- all room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location
- all room rates, special packages and promotions
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures
- room availability for any given day
- scheduled group and kids activities
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Access all functions of computer system according to established procedures and standards.
- Ensure that workstation remains neat and organized with all needed supplies.
- Answer department telephone within three rings, using established greeting and appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Promote positive Guest relations to all individuals approaching the front desk and handle Guest complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accommodate all requests for information in a professional manner.
- Complete daily shift checklists.
- Process all Guest check-ins according to established hotel requirements.
- Ensure accurate accounts for each Guest in accordance with their requirements. (i.e. share-with, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp.)
- File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room number.
- Accommodate room changes expediently.
- Document all Guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation.
- Accept and record wake-up calls; accurately execute all wake-up call requests.
- Process all checkouts according to established hotel requirements.
- Handle requests for late checkouts according to hotel procedures.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures.
- Document pertinent information in the pass on logbook.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Knowledgeable about entire property, including all scheduled activities, group functions, food and beverage outlets, entertainment and hours of operation of all activities, events and outlets.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for Guest/employee accidents or injuries.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with Guests or fellow employees and demonstrate a commitment to being a team player.
- Ability to correctly take and enter a room reservation and correctly complete all steps related thereto.
- Understands and practices the “15-10-5” rule – when encountering a Guest, at 15 feet, makes eye contact; at 10 feet smiles and at 5 feet says “good morning/afternoon/evening”. Enquires about Guest satisfaction whenever possible and thanks the Guest for staying with us.
Front desk supervisor must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Uniform top provided, employee must furnish dark slacks and black, shineable closed-toe and heel-less non-slip shoes.
Front desks and lobby areas.