Approximately 40 hours weekly. Seasonal positions vary with start dates beginning mid-April through mid-June and ending dates vary from Labor Day to October 30.
Job Description Overview
The Dishwasher works as part of our culinary team to maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, plates and utensils in a clean, sanitary and orderly condition. The dishwasher may sometimes assist in food preparation procedures.
Dishwashers, like all employees, speak English exclusively with Guests and coworkers while on duty.
- Employee must be in uniform daily, including name tag properly displayed, and properly groomed per hotel standards.
- At no time are cellular phones allowed to be used during any employee’s work shift. Any employee found using a cellular phone will have the phone immediately confiscated by their supervisor or manager; it may be picked up in the front office at the end of the employee’s shift. The second infraction will result in immediate dismissal.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation and work area.
- Scrapes and pre-rinses food from dirty dishes and places them in dishwashing machine.
- Washes pots, pans and trays by hand and/or machine
- Removes trash and garbage to dumpster area.
- Washes work area tables, walls, refrigerator equipment, cooking equipment and floors.
- Cleans garbage cans and trash receptacles.
- Assembles, maintains and breaks down dish machine.
- Ensure security of Guest room access and hotel property.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with Guests and fellow employees.
- Keeps storage closets neat and tidy.
- Perform any other project as assigned.
- Understands and practices the “15-10-5” rule – when encountering a Guest, at 15 feet, makes eye contact; at 10 feet smiles and at 5 feet says “good morning/afternoon/evening”. Enquires about Guest satisfaction whenever possible and thanks the Guest for staying with us.
To perform this job must have the ability to lift 50 pounds and push or pull 250 pounds of equipment.
Uniform top and slacks provided, employee must furnish black non-logoed shoes which provide adequate foot protection and are slip-resistant.
Kitchen and dining room.