Approximately 40 hours weekly. Seasonal positions vary with start dates beginning mid-April through mid-June and ending dates vary from Labor Day to October 30.
Job Description Overview
The Busperson/Host is responsible for assisting the restaurant servers in providing the best possible service of food and beverage to all Guests by continually removing dirty dishes from Guest tables, serving water, and resetting tables in an expedient manner. Seating Guests in a rotation format as well as taking to-go orders as necessary.
Buspersons/Hosts, like all employees, speak English exclusively with Guests and coworkers while on duty.
- Employee must be in uniform daily (with belt), including name tag properly displayed, and properly groomed per hotel standards.
- At no time are cellular phones allowed to be used during any employee’s work shift. Any employee found using a cellular phone will have the phone immediately confiscated by their supervisor or manager; it may be picked up in the front office at the end of the employee’s shift. The second infraction will result in immediate dismissal.
- Demonstrates, encourages and promotes a team spirit amongst the F&B staff.
- Picks up and removes all dirty dishes, silverware, and glassware in the dining room whenever necessary and delivers them to the dishwashing area. Separates dishes, silver and glassware into the appropriate areas for washing.
- Ensures that the service stations are stocked with appropriate supplies
- Assist the servers in clearing off tables during and after Guest meals. Resets tables according to restaurant standard in preparation for new Guests.
- Greets Guests after seating, fills water glasses, and delivers bread and butter, refills water and coffee as needed.
- Assists the servers when needed by serving Guest meals and responding to Guest requests.
- Maintains a clean and orderly workstation at all times.
- Informs the supervisor of any problems or Guest complaints.
- Completes all assigned side work and cleaning responsibilities.
- Assume the role of Room Service attendant as needed.
- As assigned must maintain stock, supplies and cleanliness of the Buffet.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Knowledgeable about entire property, including all scheduled activities, group functions, food and beverage outlets, entertainment and hours of operation of all activities, events and outlets.
- Understands and practices the “15-10-5” rule – when encountering a Guest, at 15 feet, makes eye contact; at 10 feet smiles and at 5 feet says “good morning/afternoon/evening”. Enquires about Guest satisfaction whenever possible and thanks the Guest for staying with us.
To perform this job must have the ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion
Uniform top provided, employee must furnish black slacks and black un-logoed shoes which provide adequate foot protection and are slip-resistant.
Restaurants, pavilion and public spaces.