Approximately 40 hours weekly. Seasonal positions vary with start dates beginning mid-April through mid-June and ending dates vary from Labor Day to October 30.
Job Description Overview
The Bellman is responsible for providing a warm and friendly welcome, escorting our Guests to and from their rooms and assisting them with luggage. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Guest service and ensure that Guests feel at home. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for storing Guest baggage and assist with loading and unloading baggage into and out of vehicle in a delightful and pleasant way.
Bellmen, like all employees, speak English exclusively with Guests and coworkers while on duty.
- Employee must be in uniform daily (with belt), including name tag properly displayed, and properly groomed per hotel standards.
- At no time are cellular phones allowed to be used during any employee’s work shift. Any employee found using a cellular phone will have the phone immediately confiscated by their supervisor or manager; it may be picked up in the front office at the end of the employee’s shift. The second infraction will result in immediate dismissal.
- Transport Guest luggage from point of arrival at the hotel lobby to assigned Guestroom, adhering to hotel procedure.
- Transport Guest luggage from point of departure from Guestroom to appropriate vehicle, adhering to hotel procedure.
- Carefully and accurately tag, store and retrieve luggage.
- Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to Guests while escorting them to their assigned Guestroom.
- Explain safety and security features of Guestroom upon entering room.
- Identify and explain Guestroom features.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions and activities within and at the hotel, including time and location. Direct Guests accordingly.
- Maintain cleanliness of all company vehicles at all times.
- Assist Guests by answering general questions and providing basic directions.
- Assist in property quality tours to include inspecting areas with excess trash, laundry, possible safety hazards, as well as assist other departments in times of need.
- Set up function space per specifications on the function BEO in advance of event and ensure that all required equipment (AV, etc) is present, connected, tested and in working condition before the event..
- Respond and assist in maintenance calls to include resolving plumbing issues and/or moving furniture for Guests. Be versed in the operation of all room mechanicals (HVAC, lighting, TV remotes, telephones, water, toilets and sinks, Guest in-room safes, etc.).
- Ensure al assigned tasks are completed in a timely matter and notification to Guest or team member is communicated that tasks have been completed so follow up can be made.
- Understands and practices the “15-10-5” rule – when encountering a Guest, at 15 feet, makes eye contact; at 10 feet smiles and at 5 feet says “good morning/afternoon/evening”. Enquires about Guest satisfaction whenever possible and thanks the Guest for staying with us.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and or push up to 100 pounds on occasion.
Uniform top and slacks provided, employee must furnish black non-logoed shoes which provide adequate foot protection and are slip-resistant.
Bellmen are often exposed to direct sunlight or inclement weather. The majority of time will be outdoors.