Beach / Pool Attendant
Approximately 40 hours weekly. Seasonal position vary with start dates beginning mid-April through mid-June and ending dates vary from Labor Day to October 30.
Job Description Overview
The Beach/Pool Attendant is responsible for providing a warm and friendly welcome, and ensuring our Guests have a safe and welcoming experience in the pool or beach area. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Guest service and ensure that Guests feel at home. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for assisting in placing beach chairs and umbrellas as well as assisting with beach and pool towels.
Beach/Pool Attendants, like all employees, speak English exclusively with Guests and coworkers while on duty.
- Employee must be in uniform daily (with belt), including name tag properly displayed, and properly groomed per hotel standards.
- At no time are cellular phones allowed to be used during any employee’s work shift. Any employee found using a cellular phone will have the phone immediately confiscated by their supervisor or manager; it may be picked up in the front office at the end of the employee’s shift. The second infraction will result in immediate dismissal.
- Put the decorative flags up around the pool fence, bring out the Cornhole game and appropriate number of Cornhole bags (4 blue & 4 red). Removal and proper storage of the flags and Cornhole game equipment at end of every day and secure storage of bags inside pool area (4 blue & red).
- Transport beach chairs or umbrellas from stacking location to a location of Guest choice. Umbrellas must be placed securely into the sand and must face into the prevailing winds for safety.
- Ensure all registered Guests enjoying our facilities are adhering to our wrist band policy.
- Ensure boardwalk, walkways, pool areas, Boat Bar or Surfside pavilion and beaches are always clean, swept, and free of debris – this includes removal of empty cups, trash, etc, from the pool deck area, cocktail tables around pools and the entire beach area and emptying trash from receptacles on the beach and at the foot of the stairways. Beach attendants are responsible for sweeping deck areas.
- Ensure towel bins are emptied when full and that new towels are always fully and properly stocked. At end of the day, all clean towels are locked in the appropriate laundry shed.
- Organize and adjust patio and boardwalk lounge chairs and umbrellas, including opening & closing of umbrellas as dictated by wind conditions. Lounge chair back rests to be in position #3 (3rd slot from the end of the chair).
- Ensure chairs on boardwalk and around pool are kept tidy and organized when Guests leave.
- Ensure that the pool is always kept clean – including skimming the surface of the pools for bugs and debris, etc
- Inform management of any unsafe or dangerous conditions or repairs that need to be done.
- Adhere to towel card policy and ensure towels are exchanged for towel cards and or dirty towels.
- Enforce the No Glass Policy, ensuring that no glassware of any kind is around the pool or beach areas for the safety of our Guests.
- Ensure that the Town of Yarmouth policy regarding no dogs on beach is adhered to.
- Beach attendant stand must be manned at all times – there is always to be at least one attendant at the stand.
- Ensure chairs, towels, and umbrellas are neatly stacked and secured at the end of each night.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel, including time and location. Direct Guests accordingly. Assist Guests by answering general questions and providing basic directions.
- Assisting in setting up, running and staffing and breaking down before, during and after Guest beach activities.
- Understands and practices the “15-10-5” rule – when encountering a Guest, at 15 feet, makes eye contact; at 10 feet smiles and at 5 feet says “good morning/afternoon/evening”. Enquires about Guest satisfaction whenever possible and thanks the Guest for staying with us.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and or push up to 100 pounds on occasion.
Uniform top and slacks provided, employee must furnish black non-logoed shoes which provide adequate foot protection and are slip-resistant. Footwear must be worn at all times.
The Beach / Pool Attendant may be exposed to direct sunlight or inclement weather. It is recommended that staff remains hydrated and protects themselves from the sun with the appropriate sunscreen or sun protection.