There are so many great events going on this June on Cape Cod! It’s the perfect time of year to visit, before the busy summer season really kicks off. Visitors can take advantage of quieter beaches, restaurants and roads while previewing summertime activities.
Here are our Top 7 favorite things happening on Cape Cod this June!
- Farmer’s Markets: With the warming weather, we see the return of the local farmer’s markets all around Cape Cod, where local farmers bring their early crops to market and local makers sell their goods. One of our favorite farmer’s markets takes place every Friday at Cape Cod Beer in Hyannis. The weekly Farmer’s Market Meets Happy Hour runs from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m, and often has live music, cornhole and food trucks in addition to the market. Another favorite is the twice weekly Bass River Farmer’s Market, just down the road from the resorts on Old Main Street. They open for the 2017 season on Thursday June 15th, and Saturday June 17th, open “rain or shine” twice a week through September 9th. See more about Cape Cod Farmer’s Markets.
- The Rhododendron Festival: The annual Rhododendron Festival at Heritage Museum and Gardens takes place from May 27 – June 4th in 2017. You don’t have to have a green thumb to appreciate the jewel toned and pastel beauty of the “rhodies” that cover the grounds of Heritage Museum. Visit just to appreciate them or learn how to care for them in your garden.
- Strawberry Day: The Thornton W. Burgess Society will host Strawberry Day on June 10th at the Green Briar Nature Center. Watch old fashioned strawberry jam making from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., or just enjoy a strawberry dessert, available all day from 10:00 – 4:00 p.m. Green Briar Nature Center also hosts jam making classes throughout the season.
- Annual Father’s Day Car Show and Main Street Crafts Fair: The 23rd Annual Father’s Day Car Show is a great event for dad and the whole family! See classic cars on June 18th from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and stroll the crafts fair and local shops of Hyannis Main Street, closed to car traffic for this event.
- Cape Cod Quahog Day: Celebrate the first day of summer with us at Blue Water Resort, as we host the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce’s 9th annual Cape Cod Quahog Day event! We’ll be starting summer off right with some sweet summer drinks, seafood appetizers and steel band serenades from Pans in Paradise – as we await Doug the Quahog’s beach day predictions. We’ll also be welcoming NBC Boston Meteorologist Michael Page, who will be the emcee for the first day of summer shenanigans.
- Yarmouth Summer Celebration Kick-Off: The Annual Yarmouth Summer Celebration returns on June 24th! Watch the signature giant sand sculptures being built all around Yarmouth, as summer begins. Some of the perennial favorites will return once again – including our favorite don’t miss event, the Ice Cream Chill-Off which takes place right next to Riviera Beach Resort at Bass River Beach.
- After Hopper: Starting June 1st and continuing all summer, Addison Art Gallery of Orleans and other participating venues will host After Hopper, a series of events focusing on the art of famed 20th century realist painter, Edward Hopper, who spent so many Cape Cod summers in Truro with his wife, Josephine. His enduring images of the Outer-Cape, are treasured and will be recalled in the After Hopper events. See scheduled events on the Addison Art Gallery Facebook page, and visit http://www.addisonart.com/afterhopper/ for more information.