It’s engagement season! Which means it’s the time of year when friends and family will be posting Facebook and Instagram photos of sparkly engagement rings on freshly manicured ring fingers and wedding plans will be around the corner for those happy couples. If you or someone you know is considering a Cape Cod wedding, check out these five things that make getting married on the Cape just a little bit more magical than anywhere else.
- Cape Ties. Having a family that grew up here or vacationed here can make Cape Cod a truly special place to host your big day.
For many couples who marry at Red Jacket Beach Resort, the Cape holds a special place in their hearts. Sometimes a parent has a house 10 minutes away. Other times a bride will tell you that she remembers building sand castles on our very own beach! The connections made are lifelong.
- Fairy-tale photography. What could be better than having the ocean as your backdrop, a sunset off in the distance, and a salty breeze catching your veil? (Shoes also optional.)
Without stepping foot off the Red Jacket Beach Resort property, our newlyweds can pose in front of a cotton candy sunset over Parker’s River. We have seen everything from misty coastal gray backdrops, to pure cloudless blue skies, and fiery red and orange sunsets, to rainbows right in our own backyard. It is truly magical.
- A destination wedding. Imagine having a destination wedding with all your friends and family and without the tropical getaway price tag. A Cape Cod wedding acts as a mini vacation for both the wedding couple, and those attending. Sit back, relax, and spend the weekend.
Red Jacket Beach boasts 150 guest rooms and 14 multi-bedroom cottages right onsite. We make it easy for everyone to check in for your wedding and stay for a vacation.
- Local Seafood. There is no better place to offer your guests delicious and fresh oysters, clams, lobster, or fish than right here on Cape Cod. Maybe you can even catch your own while you are here!
At Red Jacket Beach, our most popular wedding offerings include the Cape Cod Raw bar, scallops wrapped in bacon, house-made New England clam chowder, and our fresh native haddock with cracker-crumb crust and lemon-butter wine reduction.
- A meaningful and beautiful location to return to for years to come. There is something lovely to be found in every corner of the Cape, in each season of the year. From crowded and colorful Main Street Chatham on the Fourth of July, to a desolate north side beach as winter arrives – you and your loved one will enjoy making memories here for a lifetime.
One of our favorite things to see is Red Jacket couples returning to celebrate their anniversaries.
If you would like to learn more about weddings at Red Jacket Beach Resort, please contact our Event Sales Manager, Hannah Menard (email@example.com or 508-760-9214). She’s the author of this post and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.